Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Cancer Coaster

I am blogging more and more infrequently. I apologize to those who are following my blog. My emotions are leveling out - either I am blocking them out, or I am becoming so used to the wild ups and downs that it's becoming a normal ride.

The ups and downs are still here. There have been several nights I thought mom was going to die since I last posted.

On the flip side, we have gone to Wal Mart twice. I am really glad she didn't die in Wal Mart.

Mom's article came out in the annual report for San Joaquin Community Hospital. We did the interview several months ago when she was much better. It was about the hospital and what a wonderful job they did when she had her surgery.

She got a big kick out of it. The pictures were great, and the hospital staff was kind enough to give us a disk with the photos on it. There are 90 thousand copies of the magazine floating around, so if you get a chance, check it out. She looked awesome.

As for reality, mom is still slowly going down. Some days are good days, some are bad, but her good days now are like her bad days a few months ago.

I would like to thank everyone who has responded to this blog. The comments don't pop up, you have to click on the "comments" button below each post to read them.

I suggest you do. People have shared some very telling and emotional experiences with cancer and other illnesses. They make me feel like I'm not alone.

Thanks again.

2 comments:

  1. Your mom is one tough cookie ... good for her.

    All the best to your family,
    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see this post and hear your Mom is doing okay and still able to get out of the house. I certainly understand about your "infrequent" posts. I do worry for you when I don't see you posting.... I don't know how you do it! Working a full time job and caring for your Mother. I hope you are able to find some time for yourself (but I know this is also not easy). Take care, stay strong and all my best to you and your Mother

    ReplyDelete